If you’re a Snapchat newbie and have decided to jump in and give it a go, then there is a heap of information out there. This is a list of the top 11 current articles to make it easy for you to jump in and work it out.
A lot of it is repeated so I’ve put together a great list of articles that cover all of the different aspects of understanding how Snapchat works as well as why it’s working for brands. I’ve also trawled through all of the most recent articles so that there is no out dated information (so pay heed – publishing in July 2016 – so will be outdated within a few months).
2. Hubspot - A good overall article on all the key features of Snapchat avoiding some of the more complex or detailed aspects of Snapchat. Read this once your set up and are ready to start snapping.
3. Snapptips – This article has good, easy to understanding information on how to use filters, lenses and emoticons etc. If you’ve read the first two, you’re now probably chomping at the bit to get to pimping up your images and videos with all of the funny as lenses and special effects.
5. PC Advisor – This is a very up to date article with the recent enhancements to the app.
6. Daily Dot – it’s not talked about that often but the chat and messaging capabilities in Snapchat are very developed and this article goes into the details of these.
7. Pocket-lint – I like this article because it has some other features not getting much air play such as Snapcash (which is only available in the US for US issued debit cards) which are good to know about.
9. ABC – The ABC is experimenting and I’m tipping that Snapchat will become a major news reporting platform. You can see how other media houses are using it such as CNN. This article really shows how it be an effective story platform.