1. INTRODUCTION – THE ONLINE FIX RESPECTS YOUR PRIVACY
Protecting your personal information is important to us, and is required by law. The Commonwealth Privacy Act determines that we must handle your personal information in accordance with a set of Australian Privacy Principles.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HELD BY THE ONLINE FIX?
We collect the following kinds of personal information: your name, email address.
3. HOW DOES THE ONLINE FIX COLLECT AND HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is generally collected directly from you. Personal information is held and stored by us and/or our service providers.
Within The Online Fix, access to your information is restricted to staff who require the information to provide information and services to you. A system of passwords and different levels of access is used to protect the information held on the system.
4. WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH THE ONLINE FIX COLLECTS, HOLDS, USES AND DISCLOSES PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The personal information we collect will be used by The Online Fix and its staff to open and administer your account, and to provide services as agreed between The Online Fix and yourself. We may use also undertake market research, member data analysis and direct marketing activities.
If The Online Fix can’t collect your personal information from you it will be difficult to perform the activities listed above.
5. TO WHOM DOES THE ONLINE FIX DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will share your personal information with these service providers:
- Our registration and merchant service when you purchase from The Online Fix.
- Our CMS and administration platform provider to allow us to provide information and services to you
- Mail houses to send you information about your account via mail, SMS and email
- Independent consultants and market research companies to conduct member data analysis and run member research via phone, mail, SMS or email.
6. IS THE ONLINE FIX LIKELY TO DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS?
7. HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE ONLINE FIX?
Unless you have asked us not to, we may use your email address to send you regular communications about products or services that are related to The Online Fix.
If you do not wish to receive such information, or previously indicated that you would like to and have now changed your mind, you can unsubscribe by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ on any email received from The Online Fix.
8. WHAT INFORMATION DOES THE ONLINE FIX COLLECT WHEN YOU BROWSE OUR WEBSITE?
When you visit the The Online Fix website, the only information recorded by us will be the date and time of your visit to the site, the pages viewed, the operating system in use, your geo-location and any information downloaded. We won’t record information that allows us to identify you, unless you provide your personal information via a web form.
When you read information on an email sent to you the date and time will be recorded on when you view the email and what you click on within the email.
If you communicate with us via click to chat or a social media channel such as Twitter or Facebook will also record the interaction in our CRM.
10. HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND SEEK CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND LODGE PRIVACY COMPLAINTS?
In order to keep your personal information as current as possible, we ask that you let us know of any changes to your personal details.
You may ask to see the personal information we hold about you and to have it corrected if necessary. We will need to verify your identity before giving you access.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made, by either providing you with access or by notifying you of our refusal to give access.
In some circumstances, we may not be able to allow you access to your personal information, for example, where:
- Giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals
- The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings
- Giving access would be against the law, or
- The information would reveal our commercially sensitive decision making process.
If we are unable to provide you with access to your personal information, we will notify you of the reasons for the refusal and the complaint mechanism available to you.
If we incur a cost in giving you access to your personal information, we may need to charge you for the associated cost(s).
If you would like to see the personal information we hold about you and have it corrected if necessary, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe your privacy has been breached or you have a privacy complaint, you should write to:
The Online Fix Privacy Officer
80 Ingrams Road
Research Vic 3095
or email us at email@example.com
We will review your complaint and respond within a reasonable period of time after we receive your complaint.